Below you will find 6 items that are the most important aspects of creating quality content that will drive visitors back to your site, and increase your sites page rank.
- Write for SEO but don’t write for SEO. This doesn’t seem right does it? Well this is the most difficult item to consider when creating content for your site or product. Writing articles for SEO is a challenge because the article needs to be keyword rich, have a specific word count length, and address the specific topic you have chosen. However, the ideal SEO written article should be written to ensure the search engines don’t view the content as keyword clutter. Make sure you write the article with the idea of creating a great read for your visitors but keep SEO in the back of your mind to ensure you meet the keyword goals.
- Go with the flow. It’s that simple. Scribble down the keyword you are trying to write about and just start typing. There is a good chance 500-600 words will come out without a problem. It can sometimes be easier to keep typing then go back and edit your article once there is content to work with. The key item to remember is to not only review your structure but to make sure you are using the targeted keyword enough or too much.
- Work over time and not by deadline. If you are writing for your own website or product you should have an idea of the keywords you want to target so don’t wait until you need an article to do the writing. Make sure you are writing SEO Articles even when you don’t need them. Sometimes I write three articles at a time just because the ideas are flowing and I might not need the additional articles at that specific moment but they might come in handy a few weeks or months down the road. The additional articles also might help me generate ideas that I might have forgotten or not come up with if I had only focused on my deadline of one piece. Too many SEO article writers focus on the deadline rather than completing articles over a long period of time. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a folder full of completed articles ready to post to your site?
- Read it out loud. This one is a no brainer but it is many times over looked. Make sure you are reading your SEO articles out loud before you post them. I can’t remember how many times I have written an article, submitted it to a guest blog or to one of my sites and then read it out loud only to recognize a few errors. Reading your article out loud will allow you to check if you have enough keywords, too many, and if the flow is appropriate for your target audience. Often times, if I am on the fence about an article I will read it out loud to a coworker or someone that has no interest in the subject of the article. They will be able to able to explain if there are any glaring issues with your content.
- Check for synonyms. Obviously you don’t want to do this with your targeted keywords because you will want them to be the same throughout the article but with everything else the proper use of synonyms can really make your commentary pop off the page. Nothing is worse than when a piece that is written and 30% of the content is the same word used over and over again. Spruce things up by checking for synonyms that add some flare to your work. If I feel I have used a certain term too many times I will do a Ctrl + F in Word and search for the term. That is a good way to determine if there is a need to add some synonyms.
- Track your success. Make sure Google Analytics is set up on your site so you can check on traffic to each piece of material you are posting. Keeping an eye on the time spend on the article will give you a picture into whether or not your content is actually being read or just quickly viewed. This can dramatically increase page rank because search engines reward people who have longer visit times on their site. If you find that one piece is getting a lot of views but the visit duration is low you might need to tweak the content. Other key items to track are the social media likes, shares, stumbles, and retweets you get once you post content. Tracking these items will give you valuable information when trying to determine if your targeted consumer is getting the information they are looking for when visiting your site.
About the Author: Mike Buckner is owner and operator of an SEO Article Writing Service which provides companies with unique content for their website or brand. He recently decided to create the website to help generate additional avenues to help individuals generate SEO rich content.