Social media is now playing a key role in the success or failure of a business’s marketing strategy. As a key training requirement to the iGSM Digital Marketing Certification program, the course will identify all the necessary components that make up a social media strategy, the pitfalls to pay caution to, and the process of developing and implementing your company’s strategy. This program can be taken on-site, online, or a combination of both.
Did you know that training your employees in digital marketing is now a government priority? Up to 100% of your training can be covered in any of our digital marketing certification courses.
Social Media Certification Course Overview
Updated for 2017, this social media certification course is designed to take you from the beginning stages of crafting a social media strategy, creating a clear set of policies and roles through to the latest advanced techniques designed to grow brand audience, engage your user base, and support conversions through a strong process. We will focus on the major social media channels including FaceBook and LinkedIn, as well as the nuances between other major social media channels. Wether you are currently active in social media, or jut getting started, this certification will help clearly define your path to success.
By the end of this training you will be able to confidently;
- Create a social media strategy
- Outline clear objectives of each component of your strategy
- Properly create and establish your social media accounts
- Create a powerful social media content strategy
- Outline a company social media policy
- Evaluate progress utilizing social channel reporting
- Implement a basic paid social media campaign
- Utilize software (Hootsuite) to maximize efficiency and resources
- Optimize your strategy based on data
The Social Media Certification program can be delivered online or on-site with a combination of online support training. Depending on how it is delivered will determine the schedule of sessions noted below. The program is customizable based on your companies needs and time restraints. On-Site training is typically delivered over a two day period. Beyond the training period, the course includes 2 months of ongoing coaching and support to ensure maximum return.
Section 1 – Social Media Strategy and Expectations
- Developing a social media strategy
- Establish milestones and benchmarks
- Creating a social media company policy
Section 2 – Social Copy the Works
- Social media copywriting techniques
- Image optimization
- Categorizing posts
- Engagement and Calls to Action
Section 3 – FaceBook, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Applying your strategy
- Content, Timing, and Frequency
- Creating Engagement
- Growing your audience
Section 4 – Tools and Efficiency
- Using Hootsuite as your social media platform
- Delegating and managing your brand
- Scheduling and best practices
Section 5 – Metrics and Optimizing your Results
- FaceBook Insights
- Conversion Analysis
- Campaign URL tracking
Mandatory Course Material:
- Course Manual
- Access to Online Training Portal
- Mac or PC (wifi enabled). Note that tablets are not powerful enough for this course.
You will also need to setup free accounts with Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google and Hootsuite*.
*Hootsuite has a free and paid version. Depending on your team size will determine the best fit here.
You may also find it is useful to invest in:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc)
- Microsoft Office
Contact us today to register or discuss your company training needs, the Government Grant Programs available for funding and the Social Media Strategy and Deployment Certification program.
Call Us Now to Learn More 1-877-801-4090 or Contact Us to Schedule A Call