Nowadays, finding memorable domain names available is not an easy task. Apart from the work put into choosing a great domain that is easy to remember and relevant to your business, you also have to find it available.
Apart from the work put into choosing a great domain that is easy to remember and relevant to your business, you also have to find it available.
That’s why, when searching for domain names it’s advised to put together a list of names to ensure you find at least one of them ready for purchase. To help you in your quest, here are the most important things you should consider when searching for domain names.
Put together a keywords list
Try to describe what your business or website is all about using a few keywords. Then use these keywords and try to mix them if necessary to find the most attractive and relevant combination of words for your domain name. For instance, if you are looking for a gardening domain, you might consider including keywords such as garden, Eden garden, landscape, etc.
Make it memorable
A memorable domain name should be:
- Easy to remember – Use simple yet catchy words. If you can find a single word, that’s even better, but combining two words is also a good way to go.You want your domain name to be as simple as possible so that people can memorize it easily.
- Easy to type – Try to avoid using incorrect or voluntarily misspelled words as people might type in the correct form of the word and you can lose traffic because of it.
- Short – A short domain name (maximum 10-15 characters) is easy to remember and type. Also, the chances of it being written incorrectly are very slim.
- Real – Also try to avoid using words that do not exist as people might find it difficult to remember.
- Self-explanatory – No matter your domain name, people should easily figure out what your website is all about.
Using abbreviations is a technique often used when the first choice of domain is not available. However, if you have to use abbreviations, try to go with those that are popular so that you can avoid confusion or ambiguity.
Get a .com extension
Apart from the tech-savvy, most people assume that all websites have the .com extension, thus you should try getting a domain name with .com extension. This is even more important if you’re trying to build a brand.
Hyphens vs. underscores
If the domain name you want is owned by someone else, you can try using hyphens to separate the words. However, try to stay away of separators such as “+” or “_” as these are usually considered spammy websites.
Buy your domains from reliable domain registering services
When searching for domain names, you want to ensure that the domain service you are dealing with is reliable and backed with a knowledgeable support team that can help you anytime you need them.
Domain registering services like E.Domains or 123-reg.co.uk makes it extremely easy for anyone to find a domain name and register it there and then.
Marijuana POS says
Excellent way of telling, and nice post to obtain data
on the topic of my presentation focus, which i am going to present in academy.